Subject: Re: [Leica] DESIGNS / Moss/Small/Welch
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:39:19 -0600

At 08:47 PM 3/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't even the venerable E.W.
> concede that all Leica "R"s  with the exception of the R8, were of
> Japanese Minolta design with modifications by Solms and the R8

Not quite. It's a mix of Minolta design and Leica (Pre-Solms) design. For
example, the shutter is Leica design with Copal (?) manufacture. The prism
is different. The metering is different. Unfortunately the film advance
(except in the R7) is teh same.

Put together in Portugal, mostly.

Many parts of Minolta design and manufacture.

Doesn't venerable mean old, also? <G> If I didn't make rash statements once
in a while, we'd all fall asleep from the sheer volume of my output.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.