Subject: Re: [Leica] What happened ? / Erwin
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:57:38 +0100

At 23:33 10.03.1998 +0100, Erwin wrote:
>ANY product,
>handbuilt, crafted in small series or machine produced and Quality
>Controlled to an extremely small tolerance figure can and will occasionaly
>fail (Murphy's law will see to that). This failure does prove nothing. As
>has been stated before: only statistical analysis can give a basis for
>meaningfull conclusions.

I made a mistake. I apologize. Thanks for your patience.

On the other side, the transfer of the "old" Leica's reputation
on the current ones is not covered by statistics either.

In the end, there is a difference between 'every single piece is
checked' before leaving the factory (in the old days) and today's
unlucky sample controls.

Anyway, if I press the release button of my M3 (or SL) with it's
soft and smoothe "going", and press the release button of my M6
with it's scratchy feeling ... I favor the position, that the
old M's have something, which the current M's miss.

Alf
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm