Subject: Re: [Leica] German vs. Canadian Lenses
From: Jeff Alford <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:13:44 -0800

I have been following this thread with some degree of interest.

Over the years collectors always preferred German made product. Then
customers started thinking that Canadian made product was in some way
inferior to German made. After Leica was restructured the decision was
made to transfer ALL lens production to Germany.

About 2 years ago, we had some of the Leica management in the store. I
was talking to one of these guys about production of all lenses moving
to Germany. He replied that some of the best product ever made came out
of Canada. The man that designed the 100 APO Macro, a superb lens, felt
his best lens design was the 75/1.4! Many of the finest Leica lenses
have come from Canada.

Jeff Alford