Subject: [Leica] Noctilux prolem, advice please.
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 06:40:52 -0000

After reading all the mail about not using UV filters for protection, and
finding my B&W was a single coated one, I went to remove it from my
Noctilux. I held the lens by the base gripped the filter and turned, it
unscrewed fairly easily, about normal. Then I realised I was unscrewing the
lens assembly from the mount. I quickly tightened it up again and removed
the filter gripping the lens unit not the base. After retightening the lens
is properly aligned (aperture stop at the top etc). Should I be brave,
unscrew it completely and put a dob of loctite on the threads, or leave it
alone and be careful unscrewing filters, or ???
Thanks for any advice,
Mike