Subject: [Leica] Scanning resolution
From: "Michael Reichmann" <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:39:26 -0500

Neil,

I would suggest definitely sticking with 2700dpi scans.  While this
resolution may seem excessive today for 8X10" prints, when you want to make
and 11X14" or a 16X20" you'll be glad it's there and all the work that
you've done in Photoshop doesn't have to be redone.  I see the scans as a
form of archiving, and so I'm happy to spend the few extra cents and seconds
that it takes to do them at the highest resolution possible.  Who knows what
the capabilities of the next generation of printers will be.

Michael