Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective lenses
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:59:31 EST

<< Pardon my skepticism, brother, but would you please identify ONE dealer who
>has reported 'big quality control problems' >>

Although this question was not directed at me, a dealer just declined to sell
me a new 50 2.8 through the mail because I told him that I would return it if
it had cosmetic defects.  He said that I should purchase it from a dealer
where I could examine the lens first.  He had no confidence in the lens being
free from such defects.

Tom Shea