Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Photographers named in Diana even
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:01:32 -0600

At 07:06 PM 3/12/98 +0100, you wrote:

>       At the risk of being nominated for the nit-picking oscar (wooden
>Leica) for 1998, may I name the inside of a courtroom when the Judge is
>sitting.

Been there, done that - from the jury box even - have the t-shirt.

Actually, I was the media coordinator as the State of Missouri conducted a
two-year experiment in cameras in the courtroom. (I was appointed by the
Supreme Court.) It was a wonderful success. The only ones unhappy were the
criminals and some of their defense lawyers! We behaved ourselves, and it
cut down on the messy scene outside the courtroom.

Score one for the first amendment.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.