Subject: Re: [Leica] The Famous Fernando M6 Adventure
From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:13:05 +0800

Marvin & Fellow Luggers,

1st of all, my name is Ferdinand, not Fernando and my last name is LuDo not
de Lu. But no problem on that, we all make mistakes.

>The unfortunate anti-climax to this adventure was that after all of
Fernando's efforts, the new M6 he received was a lemon and had to be=
 replaced.

That is the sad part but that was the end of it (knock on wood). The dealer
I got my M6 from was nice enough to replace me a new unit. Since that time
on, which is, roughly about 6 months I did not have any problems with my
M6's anymore. Last December I bought another "used" M6 and knock on wood,
no problem there as well.

A friend also bought a brand new M6 last X'mas and knock on wood, no
problem on that! I think the camera itself is really good, reliable and
durable but there are times we get lemons out of the production line which
is normal. However for such an expensive and prestigious camera, it should
be almost free from possible defects. To date, after having used Canons,
Nikons, Hasselblads, its only the Leica that I had problems of any sort ,
but I'm glad its now ok.

On the R series, since I'm a possible customer to the system, I did write
to Solms about two weeks ago regarding the R8 problems and defective lenses
the members of the lug have been getting.  Mr.Peters responded as follows:

Dear Mr. LuDo,
thanks for your mail to Leica. I forwarded your letter to our quality=20
department and my colleague Mr. Domhardt, who is in charge of the R-System.=
=20
We get all the mail from the LUG, so we are quite good informed about=20
problems, suggestions, ideas...
I am very happy that you were successful in convincing friends about Leica=
=20
products. If you need further support please let me know...
Kindest regards
Leica Camera AG
Product Management M-System

S=F6nke Peters