Subject: Re: [Leica] The Famous Ferdinand M6 Adventure Charlie
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:19:32 -0800

dannyg1 wrote:
<snip>
> I think a list of new cameras bought
> without incident would also be of interest. To that list, add my late '97 M6.

Add my '98 M6 .85 and a couple lens to the "without incident" list.

I sympathized with the BMW troubles post.

I bought a 1967 Volvo Station Wagon and not only did I finally give up
on the dealer and found a competent shade-tree mechanic to find the
leaking seal after the dealer had replaced three clutches but I had to
go over it with hand tools tightening screws so the front chrome would
not fall off, used a drill to insert pins in the hinge pins after the
rear upper tail gate did fall off.  I used a hacksaw to modify the horn
ring so I could see the gages and some black tape(you all think I am
funning you now I bet) to plug up a light leak around the radio dial
that was very distracting at night.

This all happened during the first year of so.  Then in the second year
the engine...

We raised two boys with that car and it never ever broke down on the
road for the 30 years we owned.  It is now being driven by the wife of a
Volvo enthusiast neighbor after he did some serious replacing of rusted
body parts, of carburetors, I don't want to know all he had to do to
bring it up to his and his wife's criteria for daily transportation to
work.  He paid us $300 for it.

Katy(my better half) was very very unhappy to see her Volvo being driven
away by someone else.  There are certain bonds between humans and their
machines/tools that are unreasonable.  Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $