Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera quality [end] now Fred Ward's soft release
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:39:07 -0800

Sorry Charlie, this is NOT A POLITICAL list! Forget the political angle.
It's not relevant here. You act like politicians aren't human. Well...
actually... the current administration has just proven that there is no
intelligent life inside the Beltway. Except Fred Ward that is. Photographer
extraordinaire.

>Jim, I'll say it a different way. The O rings were NOT flawed. It was a
>POLITICAL decision to launch that screwed the Challenger. Those people who
>made the decision to launch had nothing to do with the production of
anything.

>Charlie

So were these people, who made the decision, humans? If not, they were
politicians, which were human at birth. No matter how you twist it, it was
under human control. Like making an M6. Under human control. When sh*t
happens, it was the result of some human action. Really.

I've been using my "Fred Ward" soft release on my new M6 and it is
absolutely wonderful. Thank you Fred! I hope you find a machinist to make
some more. Everybody should have one on any hand held camera. You can
release the shutter with absolutely no camera movement. Smooth as silk.

Jim