Subject: Re: [Leica] The Famous Ferdinand M6 Adventure Charlie
From: "hamlet" <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:06:06 +0800

Hi,

my titanium M6's frame counter does not reset itself whenever the base is
removed. I bought this camera new and the instruction manual made no
mention of how to reset the counter. I found a little lever at the base of
the camera that I pushed and that solved the problem. Only when I got my
black m6 (which did not have this problem) did I realise that I did not
have to do that.

Also, my M35mmf/2 that had a loose aperture ring and so had to be sent to
Solms to be looked at. The quote that came back was $200 more than the cost
of a new lens. This and the fact that the whole process took over 6 months
when it was initially agreed to be one month only. Needless to say, I would
not have it repaired at that ridiculous price. BTW, this was not a new
lens, one that I had used for some time.

- -adi

- ----------
> From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] The Famous Ferdinand M6 Adventure   Charlie
> Date: Tuesday, March 17, 1998 11:13 AM
>
> - Tina Manly has had terrible luck: A brken rewind M6 and a shattered
shutter R8.
> - Ferdinand had a bad M6.
> -Tom Shea had a run of three bad M6's and a bad lens
> - Ian Stanley has a tampered with NIB M6 that has faulty flash sync and
RF wheel
>    screwhead marring. A second NIB M6 was faulty as well
> - Robert Louzan has a defective NIB 50/2.8 that is repaired, rather than
replaced
>    under passport (apparantly not left in new condition)
> - Christopher Hoovers maladjusted R8 meter.
> - Add  Bob Bedwells R8 winder, still broken after a trip to Leica.
> - Someone who wishes to remain anonymous reports  a titanium M6 w/ broken

> frame counter. A NIB Noctilux with tarnishing on the chrome mount and a
dealer's
> demo 50/2 summicron (late in 96) with a hair between the elements that
was
> replaced.
> - Milos Kocman's M6 has shutter problems and a poorly fit back (I don't
think the
> back door is supposed to fit easily under the baseplate lip and so have
my doubts as to
> whether this is a reportable problem).
> -Alex Brattel's NIB 50 'lux has a loose filter cowl (I'll add his working
M6 to the next