Subject: Re: [Leica] non-leica lens rolecall
From: "Charles W. Fout" <foutcw@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:21:00 -0800

Bresler wrote:

> Brother & Sister luggers,
> I'm interested in hearing about the non-Leica lenses some of us use with
> our favorite cameras.

Bill / Brother & Sister luggers,   I am without a Leica.  I do have a Canon
IV-Sb and just got a Canon Model 7, last month.  I have the following Canon
lenses 35 mm 2.8, 50 mm 1.2, 50 mm 1.8, 85 mm 1.9 and 100 mm 3.5.  I like the
100 mm the best.  It produces crisp sharp photos, it's a great focal length for
people and it's tiny - nice to have sight seeing.
   I am also very pleased with the 50 mm 1.2.  My wife and I just had our first
child, beautiful little girl on the 25th of February.  I used Canon 7 with 1.2
for black and white and Contax RTS with Yashica 28 - 85 mm w/flash for color.
I am much happier with the photos taken with the Canon, could be just because
black & white/natural light
   And does anyone know the meaning of "EP" in a red diamond stamped on Canon
Cameras/lenses, all of my lenses except for the 50 1.2 are so marked.

Chuck