Subject: [Leica] undelieverable message
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:13:51 -0600

A person with the emial address: spaniel@pacbell.net asked me a question.
But I have tried to reply three times tonight, and I keep getting fatal
errors. So here's the message to him. Sorry to clog the list with this, but
it's obviously a Leica user. :-)

=======================

>recommend I use? My father has used Kodachrome 25 with his M2R and 35 mm
>Summicron for 40 years and loves it but I feel that might be too slow.
>Thanks, in advance, for your valuable thoughts.

I would say that the new Ektachrome 200 would be good for really low light.
Plus make sure you take a sturdy tripod. Then I would probably go with
Fujichrome Velvia for bright parts of the day, or Fujichrome 100. Very nice
film. But the new Ektachrome 200 is stunningly good when the light gets a
bit low.
If you really want Kodachrome, I'd go with the 25 and 64. Very nice stuff,
but the Ektachrome and Fujichrome will be easier to get processed fast. In
a workshop, that might be important if Moose is going to critique your work.
Have fun!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch