Subject: Re: [Leica] non-leica lens rolecall
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:59:15 -0500

At 04:55 AM 3/18/98 -0500, Steve Hickel wrote:
>What do you think about the Steinheils??? (You don't have any currently).
>
>Which of these lenses is your favorite and why?

I really like every Steinheil lens I have ever used, except that most are
rather slow and all are heavy.  Other than that, they are fine optical
performers and take a good picture.  I especially like the handy-dandy
leather cases with the auxiliary VF tucked into the top of the case, a
feature later used by Nikon.  (Well, Zeiss Ikon pioneered the idea before
the War, but they used the top of the case to hold the lens hood.)

The 1.5/7.5cm CZJ Biotar T is my favorite:  it is a nice lens, and only
three are known to exist in LTM, so its rarity makes it a fun lens to use.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!