Subject: [Leica] new 21mm 2.8 M asph
From: Jim Coduto <jcoduto@imatron.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:29:42 -0800

serial 3796783.

just purchased this lens. it is the most astounding piece of glass i have
ever worked with. ran and processed 3 rolls of senssia chrome and some
ilford hp400. images are more than pin sharp. little if any light fall off
in the corners. the images seem to breathe. excellent contrast. the detail
in fabric/clothing is down to the thread level.

focusing is simple. for candids don't even bother to focus. dof is
astounding at 4.0 and above preset focus at about 5 feet. foreground images
dominate but in a manner that adds to the composition.

the folks (Craig) at tamerkin in new york were top notch. the lens and
viewfinder new $1995. they loaned me a used viewfinder until the new one
arrive.

leica, in my opinion has another winner here.

has anyone else used this version of lens? any problems or issues? I would
like to discuss a little more
jcoduto@imatron.com
Imatron Regulatory Affairs