Subject: Re: [Leica] black and white beginner questions
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 12:28:34 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 12:33 PM 3/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Tina:
> >
> >What are good quality, fine-grained BW films that can be processed C-41?
> >

> The new Kodak T400CN seems to be an improvement over Ilford's; however, I
<snip>

I have a few boxes of Kodak TMAX 400 in my refrigerator.  I guess from
what you folks are saying and what I have found in cyberspace so far
this is NOT Kodak TMAXCN.  Right?

CN means Color Negative and can be processed by the local next day color
slide processors and the non-CN takes about a week.  Amongst other more
important differences that Tina has commented on and maybe some of the
rest of you also.  Should of been paying more attention.  Sorry.

Maybe if one of you has the time and knowledge you can list all(actually
just the 400's would be a big leg up) the Kodak BW films with a couple
three comments that will distinguish between them.  For us newbies.
Thanks.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $