Subject: Re: [Leica] Velvia vs. Provia - what's the verdict?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:18:36 -0800

Velvia does miracles in Leica R and M.  Excellent saturation and contrast.
Velvia at 50 is a bit heavy for me......40 is very nice.

Provia is a film I have only tried twice, but I liked it very much.  It has
twice
the speed of Velvia with the same fine grain and moderate saturation.  I plan
on testing it a bit more....it seemed to be a very fine film when I rated
it at 80.

At 07:43 PM 3/18/98 +0100, Dieter Stoll wrote:
>Hi all,
>anyone have comments on these two fine reversal films (other than Velvia
>being 50 and Provia 100 ASA)? I haven't had too much of a chance to try
>either with my new Leica gear, weather just plain S*CKS around here.... Any
>comments welcome (like, am I wasting my money and would Sensia which costs
>about half the price do just as well).
>Later,
>-- Dieter
>
>Dieter Stoll                  D-72127 Kusterdingen, Germany
>dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de   Home fax: +49-7071-368520

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com