Subject: Re: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:02:21 -0800

I have had no problems with Don Chatterton. Over the years I have
purchased a number of lenses for my M6 cameras ... all of which were in
better condition than advertised.

Both M6 camera bodies were purchased elsewhere ... at Tamarkin and at
Lee-Mac Cameras (Pasadena). Recently I augumented my M6 cameras with an
R6 and three lenses. Two new, one used. All nice.

The R6 lacked only the famous warranty card ... in all other respects
the R6 was in "new in the box" condition.

I'm happy to have Don Chatterton sort through the merchandise before I
buy it. Does that mean NO lemons will get through? Of course not,
naturally some will considering the volume.

The same is true of Tamarkin and B&H. For personal service I haven't
found anyone who can beat Chatterton, Tamarkin, or my local store ...
Lee-Mac Cameras. All of the stores I've mentioned will accept a return
if the purchase doesn't measure up.

At times, when I've gone "hog wild" ... Chatterton has astutely asked,
"What are you going to do with XXX lens?" He has actually talked me OUT
of purchasing a lens or camera body. In one instance he cautioned,
"Wait, the prices are going down." They did, and I purchased a camera
body in beautiful condition at a reasonable (for Leica) price.

One caution, when calling on Tuesday afternoon be prepared. His
telephones ring off the hook and he is as busy as a one armed paper
hanger.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
mailto:gthrall@ibm.net