Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide angle Lens Question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:01:36 -0600

At 12:23 PM 3/21/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Am I really going to see any differences with the new aspheric lens or even
>with the 19/2.8 R lens?  Any recommendations?

I don't know if you'll see all that much difference. But I do know you
would love the 19, and the advantages an SLR gives you with such a lens.
But it's quite big, heavy, built like a tank and absolutely sharp to the
edges. So pick which lens will serve your needs more.

Small and light, and on the M6, or giving you better control of
"keystoning" and on an SLR (for other reasons).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings
The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances
The wind that blows is all that any body knows.
  -Thoreau