Subject: [Leica] Shopping for lenses
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:32:57 +0500

Greetings all,

	In anticipation of a trip out of Nepal starting in June I am thinking of
buying a new lenses.  I will be spending time in the UK, USA and Canada but
it seems lately that the best prices are in the USA.  My question is - is
it possible to buy in New York and not pay local taxes if you are a
non-resident and the goods are taken out of the country?

	Also a short time ago Erwin posted some comments on the new Tri-Elmar-M -
does anyone remember the date so that I can check the archives or if anyone
saved it could they please post it to me??  Thanks in advance.  I am trying
to chose between the Tri-Elmar-M and a Summicron-M 1:2/35mm ASPH.  I am
leaning heavily toward the ASPH but the Tri-Elmar does sound convenient if
the image quality is good.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal