Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Vario-Apo-Elmarit 70-180 vs. Vario-Elmar 105-280
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:36:58 -0500

Al wrote:

<<<the 70-180 is large and heavy to carry around your neck.>>>>>>>

<<<<<I too looked at the 70-180 but could not tolerate the weight around my
neck, instead I keep a 100 mounted on a second R7 on my shoulder (yes more
weight but not on my neck!).>>>>>>

Jeeeeeesh Al,

Just considering the thought of carrying the 70-180 around my neck sent me
to the chiropractor for treatment! :)

I'm a great believer of shoulder carrying for my R7s & R8 with the lenses
turned inward to the body with any of the bigger lenses. And relegate the M
cameras to the neck. Even they get heavy when you have three of them
stacked one above the other.

Besides if you hang the heavy lenses on your shoulder they are protected by
your body. Then you can maintain your balance better if you are in
difficult walking locations. After awhile you learn how to reach and swing
the camera up to eye much easier than hanging it around your aching neck.

ted