Subject: [Leica] Off topic - Bogen tripod part needed
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:41:12 +0000

LUGs,

For a 12 year old Bogen 3221 tripod, I need the little lever for the
shaft that locks the center column in place.  This lever has an
integrated hex wrench for disassembling the center column, tightening
the leg collars etc.  Bogen itself has redesigned this particular
assembly while keeping the original part number with the consequence
that the new replacement will not work with an older tripod.  The
part I need is no longer available from Bogen.

Please email me privately if you've got a spare you'd like to dispose
of.

Let me hasten to add before I'm bound in black tape and pelted with
red dots that I lost the lever while moving the tripod and attached
APO-Televid around the shore of a nearby lake in a  quest for
one of the two white-fronted geese reported seen among the thousand
or so Canadas.

Roy
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.