Subject: Re: [Leica] Part number question....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:50:25 -0500

Eric,
Thanks to you, and all the other responses I got! I have some ammo with
which to go hunting a release.
I did try several actual cable releases and all were miserable. I have an
old cable release, finely made in Germany, and cloth covered, but it is too
short, and the head is not the right size. I will try to track down the
Leica releases
Apropos of this, I went a-lookin' for the release mentioned earlier on this
board. Someone mentioned that Minolta made a very nice cable release that
was not too exhorbitant; couln't find it! Everything else is
schlock/Dreck/poopoo/caca! You would think that with the burgeoning of the
photomarket, and with people buying expensive cameras, that someone
would/could make a decent cable release that doesn't fall apart after six
months' use!

Most P&S cameras don't even have a place for a cable release, but the higher
end models of Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax, Olympus, et al do have a place
for them!
It's easier finding a left-handed pipe wrench....
Anyway, thanks- gotta get off the soapbox so Mama can call her church
circle!
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com