Subject: Re: [Leica] FILTERS
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:05:05 -0800

At 09:22 AM 3/23/98 -0400, Paul Kern wrote:

>run tests and I can tell you that even with modern Leica lenses, filtering
>the UV makes a big difference in overall color and no difference in
>contrast or sharpness.
>
>Paul

Paul,

You should send this information directly to Leica AG (Solms, Germany) as
they are publishing information to the contrary. I am sure that they would
like to know the error in their ways.

Last paragraph, page 55, document #920 083

"Leica lenses from 1965 onward absorb UV through the use of certain types
of glass and above all through a certain method of cementing the lenses. A
UV filter is unnecessary. Even at high altitudes, the UV filter has no
effect."

Jim