Subject: Re: [Leica] Definitive Leica Photography Books
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:26:07 -0800

Lee,

Here are a couple more to add to your list:

"L'HISOIRE DE FRANCE"	by Ralph Gibson
	Sees things that the rest of us miss .......... all of the time.

"Workers"			by Sebastiao Salgado
	Most likely on everyone's list but it should not be avoided because of
that.

"Rome"				by William Klein
	I believe this is long out of print  I paid $3.00 for my copy and the last
I heard they were selling for about $125. That should tell you I am a very
lucky bargain hunter ......... or ............. I have had this copy for
just a we bit.

"A Time We Knew"		by William Albert Allard
	I'm a real fan. One of the few photographers that use color the way it
should be used. IMHO

Almost anything ....................	by Alex Webb
	"Hot Light/Half-Made Worlds"
	"Amazon"
	"Under a Grudging Sun"

	Webb is one of the few that shoots color ....... where all I can say is
.......... "Wow".  I am a fan.

"Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue	by  Eugene Richards
	I just like his style..............

I believe you should also include something by Ernst Hass. I do not ,
however, have anything of his and cannot give a recommendation.

And last but not least,  I believe there is an old curmudgeon up in
Victoria B.C. that has a couple of books out. I do not have any first hand
knowledge, but from what I have heard ............., they are worth looking
at. One of these days (soon I hope) I plan a trip up that way just to look
through the bookshelves.  I also want to see what kind of Scotch he really
drinks.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA
dmedley@whidbey.net

> From: Lee Yan Zhan <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] Definitive Leica Photography Books
> Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 6:45 AM
>

> Dear LUGGERS,
>
> I wish to compile a list of definitive books on Leica based on your
> opinion.  Not just equipment biased but also books by
photographers(famous