Subject: [Leica] mis-aligned RF
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 21:22:20 -0800

>Leica Camera AG,
>
>I have a new M6. Only one roll of film exposed so far. When using the
rangefinder and focusing on very distant objects (a radio tower, on a
mountain top, several kilometers away) the split rangefinder images will
not align. This is my first M camera. I have used R cameras professionally
since 1976. Is this non-alignment of the rangefinder image on very distant
objects proper?

>Thank you for your very kind attention,
>
>Jim Brick

Dear Mr. Brick,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The rangefinder of your Leica M6 should work properly at infinity.
Therefore we like to ask you to forward the camera (and the lens) for
corrective actions to your Leica Service Center.

Best regards
Leica Camera AG