Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Glory and Improper Posting
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:06 +0000 (PST)

Bruce R. Slomovitz writes:

> Who appointed you chief of LUG police?  If you don't want to read it,
> delete
> it.  For my part, photography is a means of expression as is writing and
> speech.  And the Leica, if it's not a tool which facilitates
> expression, is
> just an expensive hunk of German engineering.
>
> If you want to debate endlessly, the merits of UV filter vs. no UV
> filter,
> you're welcome to.  I'm more interested in ideas and feelings and the
> way
> people express them and (in this particular instance), how they might
> use to
> Leica to aid in that expression.  But it doesn't bother me in the least
> that
> some people have no feelings or ideas to express or that they're
> content to
> debate ad nauseum the technical trivialities of the equipment which
> they're
> so privileged to afford.  It's a free country.

It's hard to argue with someone who uses the phrase "It's a free country"
to justify the inappropriate posting of his political and religious
opinions to an international mailing list.

However, since it seems likely - from your repeated misspelling of the
word "lens" - that you don't actually possess a dictionary, I suppose I
had better clarify my use of a difficult word like "international". It
means "used by all or many nations".

I appreciate that this might be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but
do try.

            David Morton | "I've finally figured out what's wrong with
dmorton@journalist.co.uk | photography. It's a one-eyed man looking
   Islington, London, UK | through a little 'ole. Now, how much reality
      (+44) 171 272 8908 | can there be in that?" (David Hockney)