Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt 200
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:20:44 -0500

At 02:16 PM 3/27/98 -0800, Bill Larsen wrote:
>I hate to revisit this topic.  I called a knowledgeable Leica dealer today
to order a 14167 adapter.  I want to adapt my 1962 vintage 4/200 Telyt to
my NEW (to me) R6.  I have been using the Telyt on a Viso III with the
16466M adapter.

>The dealer told me that it would not work.

I wish you would tell the LUG which "knowledgeable Leica dealer" this was,
so we can make our own minds up whether or not to avoid him/her!

HANDBOOK OF THE LEICA SYSTEM (9/95 edition), page 1-12:

Adapter for the use of VISOFLEX 2/3 lenses from the LEICA M range on the
LEICA R (at working aperture).

I believe the last means that you lose any automatic metering and have to
use stop-down metering.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!