Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leach] M2 eyepiece
From: "Kent Smith" <unipac@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 02:06:17 -0800

I use a hose clamp for this purpose.  It works quite well as and as long as
you are careful it will not mar the finish.  BTW, the hose clamp I use is
off of the fuel line on a 69 Porsche 911S - I feel that the German origin
of the clamp definitely makes it an appropriate tool for the job. 8^)

Kent Smith

>   Bill - Fellow LHSA member Roger Pelham designed the flared tool that
>  most people use now, as it sells for around $25 & made of aluminum.
>   I have always used the phenolic* $8.00 ones available from Fargo Enter-
>  prises.  Curt Fargo take over from National Camera and has a full line
of
>  repair instruments.  He also has a web-site on-line catalog.
>
>  Marvin
>   In a message dated 98-03-28 02:02:28 EST, Bill wrote:
> << Yes this is something that can be easily done with the right tool.
Leica