Subject: [Leica] Japan 1.1 [itinerary]
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 98 14:19:45 -0800

G'day friends,

As a few of you are already aware, we are about to embark on a short tour
of Japan. My Leica related ramblings will therefore be subjected upon you
in installments. Installment one is the itinerary to set the scene.

We [Helen and my 2 nieces Esther and Katherine] fly into Tokyo at 6.30 am
on the 10th of April, spending 3 days in the capital. I have started to
plan the fillings. Leica hunting that morning, a guided introduction to
Tokyo that afternoon, a good nights sleep, shopping and people watching the
next day and I may need help for day 3. That last afternoon, we need to
board the train for a journey to Takayama, where we spend 4 nights during
the festival train on to Kanazawa for 2 nights before heading into Kyoto
for the remaining time - 6 nights. Here we will party with the Decandent
Leica users and spend a day group shooting and swapping ideas, equipment
and dreams. The rest of the time in Kyoto will be dedicated to seeing the
city and making day trips to the surrounding country and towns.

Its spring in Japan and Cherry blossom time, so we are pretty excited about
some of the scenic possibilities, but any additional Leica moments not to
be missed will be gratefully received, especially advice on how to
entertain a 16 and 14 year old along the way ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,