Subject: Re: [Leica] slide vs. print film for PhotoCD
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:56:10 -0500

Francesco:

Today's print film have high resolution and a better dynamic range than
slide films in the same IOS. Fuji Super G 100 will resolve higher than
Velvia. To PhotoCD or with a desktop scanner the neg film makes a much
better scan, much easier.

Slide film is the defacto standard in publishing for a few good reasons. 1.
It's easy to edit images on a light talbe. 2. For a long time, kodachrome
was king, and old habits die hard. 3. Nothing has the permanence of
Kodachrome. 4. Many color seperators can't (or just won't) scan from
negatives.

For you, Neg film might be the best choice.

I have switched about 1/3 of my clients to neg film. They like to have a
stack of proofs better than slides and I can good quality scans to them, on
a CD in 24 hours.

Tom