Subject: [Leica] Re: Japan 1.2 [equipment]
From: Dieter Stoll <dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 11:04:24 +0200

>>... Alastair Firkin talks about the amount of film he intends to take along..
>.. upon which Alan Brown gives the very wise advice:
> Is that enough film?  Or are you going to buy more film while in Japan?
> You can never have too much film.

my 2 cents:
When I was in Japan 2 years ago I had a hard time finding slide film at
all; had to find a "pro photo shop" in a back road (that was in Kyoto, not
exactly off the beaten track, zillions of tourists around). When I found
one it turned out that Fuji film cost more than double the price I paid
back home (in Germany, that is). Makes you wonder... My Japanese friend
offered the explanation that in Japan, hardly anybody shoots slides because
due to the minuscule size of the average flat, they'd need 15 mm lenses for
their slide projectors!
- -- Dieter

Dieter Stoll                  D-72127 Kusterdingen, Germany
dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de   Home fax: +49-7071-368520