Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Meter Area
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 11:19:28 -0500

At 10:38 PM 27-03-98 -0800, Jim wrote:
>I guess I'm having trouble figuring out why this is a topic. I don't
>mind... but I fail to see it's meaning.

Ahh..this is a different story.  I don't really pay much attention to
exactly where the metering region is in the viewfinder.  I just point the
thing to some part of the scene which looks to be of middle tonality,
fiddle with the aperture ring to match up the lights, and take the picture.
 The whole process is faster than I can explain it.  And the exposures are
almost always perfect.

But if someone is wondering about whether the metering region is 13% or 23%
or whatever, who am I to get in their way?  If people can put up with all
of our filter nonsense, I can put up with their's, and maybe even
contribute to it.  ;-)

Dan C.