Subject: Re: [Leica] shooting with long lenses
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:58:47 -0600

.  Remember that
>the monopod does not prevent lateral movement - only vertical movement.
Most
>sports photographers who use the big glass use monopods because it allows
them
>to rest the weight on the monopod.
>
>Tom Shea

Tom-
I have a heavy duty monopod that I sometimes use with fast (and heavy)
telephotos.  I was never pleased with the lateral movement problem but
recently I picked up a small Bogen shoulder rest that attaches to the
monopod and folds down out of the way.  It certainly makes the monopod
steadier and is not a hassle to use.
- -Neal