Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod usage
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:11:41 -0800

At 10:39 PM 3/29/98 +0000, you wrote:
>The Arca Swiss B1 is a great ball head, but so is the Linhof Profi II.  The
>B1 gets all the attention, so I feel the need to plug the Linhof.  I tested
>my R6's with both heads for about an hour at Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto,
>CA, and came away with the Linhof.  The B1 is a little bigger, and maybe
>better for longer lenses.  But the Linhof is probably more reliable and made
>at least as well if not better.
>
>John McLeod

I bought both of my B1's from KSP (Keeble & Shuchat Photography). The
reason I chose them over the Linhof head is the built-in Arca Swiss quick
release. Both Kirk and Really Right Stuff make plates (and other goodies)
for this release. They make plates that will fit virtually every camera and
lens. When there is a prolific side industry supporting a particular
system, the choice is fairly simple. Especially when it's a good product to
start with. The Linhof is indeed a great head. A really great head. But the
Arca Swiss release is the best.

Jim