Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hello 'less is more'-party
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:56:10 -0600

At 11:06 AM 3/30/98 +0100, you wrote:

>irrational, far from truth, denying the facts. Eric, of what
>significance do you think is a baseball picture taken without AF and
>without motor ??? Does it mean others do not need or should not have
>them? Do you want Leica to decide what you need?

Not at all. Just that those things aren't really needed to make a camera
work. Luck plays a big part in any photo. The fact that I didn't use a
motor drive was pure luck the guy's face was between the other guy's leg
and arm. No matter how fast the motor drive is, it could have come between
frames.

>Do you see the contradiction between >don't want to keep up< and >put it
>in a future camera< ?

By Keep up, I mean they don't want to be "trendy." They wait to see if a
technology really proves itself in practice, and then they will incorporate
it. Such as Matrix metering. The R8 is their first camera to have it, and
it really works great. But how long ago did the Nikon FA introduce it?
Early 80s. No contradiction there.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch