Subject: Re: [Leica] 2x tele converter for leica M & SM bodies
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:17:20 -0800

delia wrote:

> Just thought I'd drop a few lines on the subject since there has been no
> mention of it yet.

> Cambridge Camera Exchange just advertised in Shutterbug April 98 (p 164) a
> 2x Tele converter for Leica rangefinder cameras (available in both M and SM
> versions).  Price $399.50.   Not made by Leica.

Sorry for the simple questions but I have not actually held a Tele
converter of any kind in my hand.

I assume that this cylindrical shaped, but very short lens-like gadget,
connects between the M6 body and whatever lens is being used doubling
the focal length.  A 90mm now becomes a 180mm.  So the M6 would not be
able to focus the combination and there would be no frame lines but the
lightmeter reading would be OK.  And the aperture reading would be
exactly half of the lens reading.  That is, if the lens read f4 the
system would actually be exposing at f8.  Right?

So what other tradeoffs are there in the use of a Tele on a rangefinder
camera?

Is this the only Tele available for the Leica M6?   Thanks for the
info.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $