Subject: [Leica] Slide vs.Print film for Scanning
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:43:08 EST

<<
 I have asked this question one time already and gotten one good
 comment.  I am posting it again with the hopes someone else will
 see it and comment.

 Kodak print film is a low contrast self-masking film specifically designed
 for making slides from color negatives. To go from negative color to positive
 just for scanning purposes would seem a little redundant when excellent
 results can be obtained directly from the original negatives.  Digital
repro's
 do offer somewhat of a loss-less duplication but that is not true of photo-
 graphic duplication & it would be better to stick with the negative or
chromes.

 Marvin Moss