Subject: Re: [Leica] What russian/east german lenses to buy?
From: aglang@sprynet.com
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:02:25 -0800 (PST)

Marc,

I am not familiar with "Kingslake's analysis of the design". What is it?

And you would argue, I suppose, the the Soviets were in a better moral position,
war booty and all that.

OTOH, Canon and Nikkon may have made their reputation on stolen designs, but
have gone far beyond, certainly providing quality optics whose use has
benefitted many photographers and keeping their Teutonic rival on their toes!
(putting them in the fire, actually).

The Soviets, on the other hand just kept churning out the same designs....
Maybe some minor improvements on the wide angle side.

Adam