Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Superia Reala 100 color print film
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:29:20 -0500

At 30 Mar 1998 17:51:17 -0800, Francesco Sanfilippo <fls@5senses.com> wrote:

> Anyone have experience with this brand NEW color neg film?

What new?  I suspect that `Superia' is a noise word which may be discarded
without affecting the parse.

From Fuji's web-page
at http://www.fujifilm.com/home/faqsfact/amfilmfq.htm:

  * What is the Difference Between Superia & Super HQ 35mm Films?

    * Fujicolor Superia is Fujifilm's Current Premium Film, Whereas The
      Super HQ is Manufactured on a Larger Basis For Chain Stores and
      Sold At A Lower Cost.  Although Super HQ is a Lower Grade Film,
      Both Films Are Of Fujifilm's High Standard Quality and Are Backed
      By Fuji Photo Film.

Nice capitalization, eh?

(My translation: every last one of the nominally-`amateur' Fuji films
one might actually consider using will be labelled `Superia' once the
distribution channels have flushed awhile.)

...but note just how useful this silly Fuji webpage is: the same FAQ answers
such burning questions as:

  * If I Buy Fujicolor 35mm Film, Do I Have To Use It In a Fuji 35mm
    Camera?

> How does it compare to Kodak Royal Gold 100 and previous
> Fuji Reala 100?

Try it.  See what you think yourself.  I expect is *is* the previous
Reala, after some label reengineering.  The Reala I've gotten from B&H
has said `Superia' on the box for the better part of a year.  I've been
ignoring it -- assumed it was just some non-US-market nonsense I didn't
need to care about.