Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm Summicron Collapsible
From: Shawn London <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 00:57:55 -0500

>I just found a 50mm Summicron Collapsible for $225.  It looks pretty
>good... just a slight mar on the front element.  I don't have a 50 at
>the moment.  It would be nice to add one.  Does anyone have experience
>using this one?

The lens makes an M camera pocketable.  I liked the fact that it has an
extra stop over a recent elmar (2.8 vs. 2.0).  It also has a nice,
smooth, out-of-focus rendition of the background in wide open shots.
Sharpness and contrast improve considerably at 4 and above.  Wide open,
the lens is a bit prone to flare.