Subject: Re: [Leica] What russian/east german lenses to buy?
From: "T.Lavrakas" <lavrakas@matrix.ru>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:05:24 +0400

Dear B.D.:

The proof is in the pudding - the Russian lenses we go on about take great
pictures.  I assume the Leica 50mm f2 is better than the Jupiter-8.  But
the J-8 takes nice, sharp pics, with a 'glow' all it's own, at 1/30th of
the cost.  I could stay home, I suppose, cuddling my lensless M6, but I
fear we would both be unfulfilled.  So until my portfolio takes off (and my
35mm Summicron arrives from Don C.), I'll keep at it with my lovely Russian
lenses.

Regards,

Tom Lavrakas
lavrakas@matrix.ru