Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm Avenon.
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 9:48:00 +0000

The Avenon/Adorama/Kobalux lenses were tested in the British Journal of
Photography (a most august periodical - to use this archaic language of
ours) I shall try to exhume their response and post forthwith...

Jem
LUGGERS,
For what it is worth, Camera Club Collectibles sells the Avenon 21 2.8 for
M cameras with metal viewfinder and screw mount adapter for $695.  They
also will sell the viewfinder separately for $185.  They say this is the
same lens that Adorama sells for $799.  At any rate, the viewfinder might
be a possible option instead of the plastic one from Leitz.  BTW, Pop Photo
tested this lens (and a companion 28mm for the M) in the April 96 issue.
It would appear to be a very good lens (I know we should take PP with a
grain of salt) but I don't know anyone who has used one.  I would be very
curious to hear how it performs from someone on this list.

Regards,
Alan Brown