Subject: [Leica] Advice wanted
From: Dave Richards <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:12:32 -0700

Dear LUGgers,

I'm looking for advice on a few things and I'm certain that some of you can
supply my needs.

1.  A good book on optics and optical design, focusing (no pun intended)
primarily on photographic and astronomical.  I'm not a scientist, but I am
scientifically and technically astute, so I'm not interested in "Optics for
Dummies" or the like.

2.  Comments on Billingham bags, in particular the Alice.  How do they
stack up against the competition?  Are they worth the money?  Is there a
better (meaning more useful/durable, not less expensive) alternative in a
canvas bag?

3.  Scanners.  I'm looking for something under $1000 with the possibility
of adding some sort of piggyback slide scanner.  Does anyone have any
experience with the HP 6100C?

Thanks in advance.

Dave