Subject: RE: [Leica] leica minlux
From: "Tore Larsen" <tore@CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:58:44 -0500

Uta,

I bought a Minilux for my wife a couple of years ago. Before deciding I shot
two rolls in paralell, one in my Contax T2, and one in a Minilux. I
preferred the pictures from the Minilux over the Contax. Particularly the
color rendition.

My wife takes very good pictures with the Minilux, better than she has done
with any other camera. In part this has to do with the viewfinder image
being small and making the frame very noticeable. With other cameras she
finds that her eye wanders in the viewfinder finding interesting spots
without noticing their relation to the frame.

The Contax T2 is a slightly smaller and definitely smoother package than the
Minilux. I think this makes the T2 easier to carry around. Still, If I had
to choose between those two cameras today, I would probably have preferred
the Minilux based on my preference for it's picture qualities.

Depending on how you will use your new camera you may want to consider the
Nikon 28 Ti. I have never owned one, but looking at the pictures I actually
take with the T2, I might have been (even) better served with the 28 mm lens
than the 38 mm on the T2.

Maybe you'd like to do what I did. Borrow a couple of cameras and spend a
few hours shooting with them in parallel. If you only go with an in-store
demo you may end up deciding by your own feel for the controls, but by other
peoples opinions for everything else.

Regards,

/Tore