Subject: [Leica] The new M polarizer
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 18:43:44 +0200

Thanks to Lucien who noticed their apparition in Brussels, I have just
bought the new M polarizer. Being a Leica newbie, I have no experience
with the previous generation of the swing-out system. But this seemed to
me like an urgent purchase one week away from a trip to Morocco.

Last saturday I had purchased the 21mm horrendous plastic viewfinder and
I still had a bitter aftertaste lingering on when I bought the
polarizer.

Well here comes a NICE surprise. For exactly the same price as I paid
for the 21mm viewfinder scam, I received a genuinely superb accessory:
the swing out system is full metal, black anodized, superbly finished.
It comes in a large leather pouch with adapter rings for 39mm and 46mm
threads and a third free space for any supplementary ring (older lenses,
other threads, etc). Operation is smooth (swing out and filter
rotation). This is around 3 times the price of a b+w high end polarizer,
but it feels and it looks like it is worth the effort. It should be a
hit, especially since this would be the only practical polarizer for the
G system as well.

I did NOT enquire for the price of the Tri-Elmar, sorry.