Subject: Re: [Leica] Is everything okay with Five Senses Productions?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 14:25:26 -0800

YES, Five Senses Productions remains in business and all is well........
the case you are referring to was over Internet copyright laws, and
has been dragging on for almost 2 years.  I am glad it is finally over.
It had to do with the first Internet business I started 2 years ago....
I was running a Usenet news filtering service and allowed members
to upload their own files to share with other members.  Well, I was
asking for trouble by opening the floodgates like that, and people
uploaded Playboy images which were all the rage on the Net back
then.  Playboy contacted me about them and asked me to remove them
which I did.  3 months later, some more surfaced on my site.
Again they contacted me.  Again I removed them, this time asking them
if there were any more images on my server that were theirs.  They
said they would get back to me within a week.  They never did.
April 15th of last year, they raided my offices and confiscated hard
drives looking for their files.  Since I maintained no editorial control
over the uploads, I had no idea there were over 7,000 of their files there
at the time.  It's the case of David and Goliath......billion dollar
company versus self-employed entrepreneur.  Even after sinking
tens of thousands into a legal defense, I still lost.  But what would
you have expected?  It's Playboy, for Pete's sake!
Life goes on, and so does my business....

At 12:00 PM 4/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Is everything okay with 5 Senses Productions?  I just read the news and was
>wondering if it was the same LUG member..

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com

http://www.5senses.com/