Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 20-35mm f2.8 R Zoom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:40:16 -0600

At 09:36 PM 4/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I too agree with Donal's proposal that Leica should forget development
>of  a Noctilux-R and develop a 20-35mm fast zoom lens.  I really need

First of all, you assume they have one in development. I really doubt it.
They would have had one long ago, seems to me, since they've had the
formula for more than 20 years.

I suspect Leica will be coming up with the 20-35 eventually. They have come
out with every other "professional" focal length that we really need, or at
least seem to be headed in that direction. Give 'em time. But YOU pay for a
new one, then sell it and I'll buy it used. I see a 70-180 2.8 is finally
being offered used for about $3,900. Not that's more like it! :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

More hay, Trigger? No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!