Subject: Re: [Leica] Ricoh 28mm LTM lens test
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:44:00 +0000

Tom,
I'm similarly bemused at why Ricoh should have ended up with such a high =

price in the UK, suggestions have been previously posted here about their =

investment costs and whether they'd make any money out of this venture at =

all!
Realistically, if it is/was a proper market venture then it should be =

appearing at around the =9C400 (UKP) mark to make it attractive really, I'd=
 =

have thought. Sort of half the price of a Leica lens or thereabouts if the =

idea is to persuade Leica users that there can be viable alternatives to =

Leica lenses.
Still, for those of us who have the lens at not too high a price we can =

carry on using it. It was nice to see the magazine review printed one (sadl=
y =

no more) of the pictures I sent in with the lens, a dramatic seascape at =

Torquay on the 'English Riviera'!
Jem
 ----------
Jem, the test of the Ricoh confirms my opinion of it. Small, very well buil=
and very good. I have used one for almost a year. The finder is a bit low i=
contrast but very well built. I cant see why the price should be UKP 800 as=
 =

it
is available in Tokyo for about yen 95000-100 000 with the finder in most
camera stores.
 I tend to use mine on a M2 and no finder, just use the inside edge of the
finder window of the camera and its close enough for my style of shooting.
Tom A