Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Film Loading Tip - (was Advice)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 13:38:12 -0500

At 07:28 PM 4/3/98 -0500, you wrote:

>This sounds to me like a very DANGEROUS practice.  Especially "folding it
>back and forth a couple of times".  It only takes one small piece of film
>to wreck a shutter.  Should this "end of film" break off, it could get into
>places it shouldn't.  Maybe not as soon as it breaks.  Maybe when you load
>the next roll.  Anyway I wouldn't do it.
>
>Art

Art -

Maybe I explained this poorly.  I don't mean fold the same piece back and
forth.  I mean pleat it like a fan a couple of times.  I've never had the
film break like this, but I certainly have had it slip out and fail to
catch when I don't fold it.  That results in fumbling, swearing, and
tearing of film as I try to frantically to reload before I miss the
"decisive moment"!  Best - TIna

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>